Al-Ahliyya Amman University (AAU)
Established In : 1989
Brief About Al-Ahliyya Amman University (AAU)
Since its inception as the first private university in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in 1989, Al-Ahliyya Amman University (AAU) has been dedicated to expand and develop knowledge, inspire innovation, and keep up-to-date with the market needs and the academic developments.
The University offers 33 Bachelor programs & 14 Master Programs which are all accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education. Adding to that, the AAU has been accorded institutional and programmatic accreditation as a member of international, regional and local associations such as International Association of Universities, Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World, Union of Arab Universities and Association of Arab Private Institutions of Higher Education.
Additionally, the University also provides a wide range of various courses and educational programs that are suitable for the students’ specializations and supports their practical needs.
The Graduate School offers degrees spanning from Law, Penal Code, Clinical Psychology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Communications Engineering, Intelligent Transport Systems, Interior Design, Local Business Administration (MBA) & International Business Administration (MBA Herriot Watt University-Edinburgh) in addition to the Governmental Administration and Accounting & Financing Specializations. It is worth mentioning that the AAU Deanship of Scientific Research is in charge of these specializations.
Today, AAU employs 300 faculty members who instruct approximately 7,000 undergraduate & postgraduate students from all over the Arab World.
AAU obtained a leading position in the Jordanian higher education market sector through implementing the wide university e-learning program. The program which adopts an advanced dual educational system allows the University to provide a first class technical education. In 2007 AAU has established “Al-Hourani E-Learning Center” which is considered to be one of the main pillars of AAU e-learning programs. The Center uses state of the art technologies for the purpose of supporting the previous educational programs and is considered a nucleus that provides Jordanian community members with high quality electronic & distance learning experience.
The Most Distinguished Achievements of AAU
Year after year AAU strives to maintain the good reputation it has gained over the past 30 years. Therefore, from the beginning of the academic year 2019-2018, the University started to implement a tight plan for global excellence by developing its policies, improving its academic programs, and benefiting from its previous experiences. AAU managed to obtain the following achievements:
- AAU ranked +301 in the University Impact Ranking 2019.
- AAU became a founding member in the “Make Impact Consortium”, which includes ten world universities led by the
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- AAU rated four-star by “QS Stars Rating 2019”. In details, the University received a -5star rating in Pharmacy &
- Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5 stars in teaching, 5 stars in facilities, 4 stars in employment, 5 stars in globalization, 5 stars
- in social responsibility, 4 stars in academic development and 5 stars in inclusiveness.
- AAU ranked 101-110 in the QS Arab Region Ranking 2020.
- AAU ranked 256 globally and ranked fifth locally in the UI Green Metric Ranking 2019 for the most sustainable
- universities in the world.
- AAU obtained the Certification of Conformity with the International Standards of Risk Management System (ISO 31000)
- from TQCSI International.
- AAU ranked 301-400 in the THE University Impact Rankings 2020, it has also been ranked number 1 in Jordan.
- AAU is fully accredited by ASIC.
- AAU has received 5 Platinum Crowns as the first University in the middle east.